Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Why I am posting?

This is my first "official" blog. I felt like I had something to say for years but never had the nerve to write and post it. I have my colleague, Ed Roach, to thank for that. His encouragement got me to this place.

For many years I have hesitated expressing my opinions because I thought I didn't have the credibility to pull it off.  Then I  started reading what was being posted. Frankly, my point of view seems to be underrepresented. I think someone out there will find value in it (I hope!).

My primary topic will be around the corporate learning world with a focus on learning technologies. Since this is my blog I suppose I can take liberties, and I am sure that I will.

Before I expect anyone to spend time reading what I have to say, It's only fair that I tell you about myself.

Personal:

I have been married for 12 years and have two boys ages 9 & 6. I live in Libertyville Illinois, about 35 miles north of Chicago. I am a life-long Chicagoan and yes I pretty much root for all things Chicago-sports, although I am a Sox fan, not Cubs.

I earned my undergraduate degree in Marketing from Michigan State University (Go Green!) and a Masters in adult education from National Louis University.

Hobbies and interests include, cooking, drinking all kinds of liquor (of course in moderation), travel as I can, going to live music events (my tastes tend to more obscure indie bands), collecting LPs which I never stopped doing since I was 10, I also enjoy gardening during the all to short Midwest growing season.

Professional:

For almost 20 years (yikes!) I have been involved with sales, account management or business development in the corporate learning and communications space. When I started there was no viable commercial use of the internet. Everything was done on CD-ROM or laser disc (remember those things). If you are so inclined you can view my LinkedIn profile here:

I guess one would consider me a learning generalist. I have been a part of projects that included elearning, mobile learning, staffing, ILT course development, corporate communications, and course facilitation,

I have worked with several verticals clients such as software, insurance, retail, hospitality, manufacturing, healthcare, and financial services.

I have seen a lot over the past two decades and I think it's time I wrote about it so here goes . . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment